Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Where the heck have I been? I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post- I am so sorry! Life has been hectic (<------understatement of the century). I had a three-year-old with the biggest mystery bug in the history of mystery bugs. He had a temperature of 104 for about 6 days so there were many tests and long nights involved. On top of that, I had yet another set of cortisone injections in my neck, which always puts me down and out for a few days. Now that we are away from all of that, I can get back to "normal!" Despite the craziness, I have still managed to find time to work on some projects, just not much time to blog about them! Because I have been down so much, I have spent some time cross-stitching, which was my first crafting love :D I was that 11 year-old-girl with a Suzie Zoo cross-stitch in my lap at the park while my friends played. I can't even remember how many Precious Moments cross-stitches I did, but I always loved the quiet contentment I would feel when working on one. I recently found 'The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery" and fell. in. LOVE. Their designs are beyond adorable and very inexpensive (anywhere from $2-$8) to download. For the longest time, I have been doing a lot of Bent Creek designs over two threads on linen cloth, but these ones from The Frosted Pumpkin are reminiscent of the ones I loved as a girl on the big bulky 14 count Aida cloth using big stitches and bright colors. Here are a few I have completed or been working on:

How adorable are these guys?! This one is called "Toast Jump!" I am painting a turquoise frame to put it in my kitchen!
This is one I have been working on is called "Candy Corn Costume Party" How adorable, right? And super fast to do as well! I sometimes change them up just a bit to make them 'mine' but I think I have yet another addiction. My poor husband.
Sleepy Hollow - Cross Stitch Pattern
This is one I have been working on for the last year or so. It's called "Sleepy Hollow" by Cross Eyed Cricket. Is it not INCREDIBLE? I still have a long way to go and I regret not purchasing the hand-dyed linen to do it on. Instead I took the initiative and dyed some myself. I just couldn't justify $40!
In sewing projects, I have been working on a Christmas gift for a family member in the form of a picnic quilt. I am basing it all on some Michael Miller fabric (Meadowsweet) but the pictures I've taken really aren't doing it much justice!


I am using the patter "Juice Boxes" by Cluck Cluck Sew. It is a very easy pattern and I have loved the simplicity of it so far!
And, finally, I am ITCHING to get going on a project involving these fun fabrics! Halloween is hands-down my all time favorite holiday. I go a little nuts, actually, and I could not resist this amazing hearse print from Robert Kaufman. Do you see the coffin bouncing out the back of the green hearse? HILARIOUS!
I am not sure where the spider fabric is from as it was only available in a FQ with no selvage, but I love it all the same!
These fabrics are from Riley Blake and I just adore them! The ghost is my favorite! I am thinking of doing a cute banner and some pillows using these fabrics. Or a table runner. Or some hair bows for my nieces. The possibilities are endless! Well, that's what I've been up to- what about you? Go check out Freshly Pieced and see what everyone else is up to!
~Happy Sewing!~

1 comment:

  1. Love all the Halloween goodies! I cross-stitched for many years so I appreciate how neat and consistent your work is (not to mention adorable!).

    ReplyDelete